As many other girls growing up horses where a massive part of my life. I literally loved everything horsey, they where my escape from life, my release and it didn't take long for me to realise that I had a unique bond between myself and animals especially horses.
I worked in the beauty industry for many years and although I enjoyed my work deep down it wasn't my passion.
After two life changing milestones in my life, meeting my soul mate, best friend and now husband Andrew and then the birth of our amazing daughter Eliza. I knew it was time to change occupation.
With the continued support of my husband I decided to follow my passion and train to be a equine sports massage therapists & first aider.
I worked hard and studied even harder but the one thing that outweighed all education was knowledge over the years of owning some pretty challenging horses I had a inner determination to always find a solution, calm, cool collective, yes as we all know it is easy to blame the horse when it doesn't go as we wanted it to or if things got tough, but I developed a different approach.
Some horses I took on in the past where lame, given to me for free or had issues which everyone else had given up on them - but not me, I took everything slowly and calmly to which I attended Royal International horse show twice over on my own home produced horse and HOYS.
I worked training race horses all over the UK, at the young age of 14 so yes a vast amount of experience was gained over the years.
I simply learned to connect and understand with horses through their bodywork and really understanding a horse and their way of thinking. It didn't take long to quickly know in my heart this was the career for me.
So a few years later LAURA HACKETT EQUINE THERAPY was born!
I would like to thank Andrew, Eliza & all of our animals who have always believed, in me and supported me and my ideas throughout the years!
Qualifications by wolds equine rehabilitation & training
* Professional equine sports & rehabilitation massage therapist ( UkRS cert.no. 202023605)
* Equine stretching and mobilisation
* Low-level laser therapy / phototherapy
* Advanced practitioner massage/myofascial release / stretching & mobilisation
North west Equine
* equine first aid
NKC equestrian training
* Recognising pain with Dr Sue Dyson
* Subtle signs of pain with Dr Sue Dyson
Royal veterinary collage
* Tendon injuries/ first line treatment to long term management
* A practical approach to the diagnosis and management of back and sacroiliac pain
* The approach to swollen joints
* Equine lameness/ problems of tendon sheaths and bursae
Jillian Higgins horses inside out
* Myofascial trains & release technics
* Understanding muscles & fascia
* Understanding and accessing equine posture
• Equine Myofascial Decompression and Fascia Tools
• Understanding lymphatic system
• Equine Kinesiology Taping
After many years of hard work, dedication and fine tuning, I decided to release my ' Made by Laura Hackett Products '. All products can be used on Horse & Rider and are made from 100% natural ingredients & are vegan!